If you own a cat, then buying a litter box for your cat is a smart and an excellent move. The litter box is a collection box that allows you to collect the urine and feces of the cat. You can also make a litter box at your home by reading this article on How to Make Cat Litter at Zero Cost at Home.
With the help of the litter box, it becomes easy for you as you don’t have to take care of the cleaning. The litter box can automatically clean and store the urine and feces inside the box. You can buy a self-cleaning litter box that will help in reducing your workload of cleaning.
Method to make a litter box at home
The cat litter box is one of those biggest expenses that you make for your cat. Fortunately, you can save a lot on this by building the litter box at your home, This method will cost you very less than buying the new litter box for your cat.
There are many automatic litter boxes available on the market that offers various features. These litter boxes are quite expensive for you that makes you rethink about buying them. You can also make such litter box at your home at a very low cost compared to the new one.
If you are looking to make a litter box at your home, then you can use different methods for it. Below is the simple method that allows you to make a litter box at almost zero cost. With this method, you will be able to make the litter box in around half an hour.
- Firstly, you have to shred newspaper in the shredder. You can collect this shredded paper in the unused box.
- Now soak these shredded paper in warm water and mix biodegradable dish soap into it. In this step, the paper won’t turn completely clean, but the water will become gray.
Top Guides: Choosing A Portable Crib Mattress
- Let the water drain and repeat the above step without adding soap into it.
- Add baking soda on this shredded paper. Make sure that you don’t add too much of baking soda into the mixture of this paper.
- Now squeeze the remaining water from the paper and let it dry. Drain the water from the paper until you can get the paper.
- Pull apart the paper with your hands and let it dry. It will take around 2 days to completely dry the paper. You can wear gloves on your hands to avoid the ink on your hands.
- After the mixture gets completely dry you can add it in a box. Now the litter box is ready for your cat.
By following the above steps, you can easily make a litter box at your home. This litter box will not cost you more, in fact, you can make this box at a zero cost. Such types of litter boxes are very convenient and helpful for your pet. Now you can train your cat to use this litter box in different needs.
Read | Best Wine Cooler Buying Guide – Top Picks of 2017
The benefit of this litter box you have made at home is that you can save money on this thing. Also, you will get an eco-friendly litter box for your cat as it doesn’t use any harmful material. Most of the cats can easily accept this litter box without any problem.
With this way, You can make a Litter Box at Home without any Cost and that too in a very less time. After you have started using the litter box, make sure that you change the litter on the regular basis. You can change the litter after a week or two. Take a tour of our page!